Open Source Internet and Social Media Investigations
Our Open Source Internet Investigations and Social Media Forensics allow us to uncover, track and trace individuals, lifting the veil of online anonymity from difficult to trace email addresses, forum and blog postings. We follow the digital breadcrumbs to discover online evidence which is collected and documented in such a way as to be admissible in litigation or arbitration proceedings
Forensically preserving online material for use in litigation or arbitration proceedings
Stripping away online anonymity from hard-to-trace email addresses and postings
Collecting and analysing a website’s hidden data, such as who created it and when
Social Media monitoring and investigations
- Pre-employment CV screening
• Traced and located the exact whereabouts of an individual (via social media) relieved the concerns of worried parents.
• Confirmed a CV was fraudulent and mitigated what would have been a poor hiring decision by a mid-sized organisation.
• Identified spyware which had been installed on a financial services director’s machine.
• Traced the source of intellectual property theft and the removal of documents from online document sharing websites.